Financial Aid & Scholarships
Logan University's tuition is one of the best values in the chiropractic profession. If you have questions about financial aid or scholarships, please contact the office at FinAid@logan.edu
or at 800-782-3344.
Learn about the Dr. William Purser Chiropractic Excellence Scholarship
, a $50,000 scholarship which will be awarded to one new student entering the Doctor of Chiropractic Program for the 2014 Fall Trimester.
Contact the Office of Financial Aid
New Students: 636-230-1725
Work Study & Scholarships: 636-230-1728
School Code (For FAFSA): 004703
Apply for Financial AidApply for Financial Aid
Please return all forms to the Office of Financial Aid either by email FinAid@logan.edu or by mail: Logan University, 1851 Schoettler Road, Chesterfield, MO 63017.
- Federal Student Aid, a part of the U.S. Department of Education, is the largest provider of student financial aid in the nation.
Financial Aid Checklist
The financial aid checklist is designed to provide you with information about the documents the Office of Financial Aid at Logan University requires and a suggested timeline by which to complete the process.
- Each application is considered individually, which may require more information to be submitted. Once you have initiated your admissions application, the Office of Financial Aid will notify you on what documents are needed to complete your file.
- The information in brackets on the checklist indicates the time prior to your first day of class that each step should be completed by in order to receive optimum consideration of your application.
- The Office of Financial Aid can make an initial determination of your eligibility when all items have been received.
- Once your file is complete, you will be eligible to receive an award letter. The earliest these are mailed is six to eight weeks prior to your scheduled start date. The award letter details your maximum eligibility for financial aid. Additional forms may accompany your award letter, which must be submitted to secure funds.
When you have been admitted, you will be contacted to submit any incomplete paperwork.
Apply for a Loan
Grad PLUS Loan Application
FAFSA - Federal Student Aid, a part of the U.S. Department of Education, is the largest provider of student financial aid in the nation.
Federal Perkins Loan - Loans made through the Federal Perkins Loan Program, often called Perkins Loans, are low-interest federal student loans for undergraduate and graduate students with exceptional financial need.
Direct Loans: For undergraduate and graduate students. A credit check is not required for this loan. They have an automatic six-month grace period after the student leaves school and before the first payment is due.
- Subsidized: The federal government pays the interest on these loans while the student is enrolled at least half-time and during the six-month grace period.
- Unsubsidized: This loan is available to all students regardless of financial need. The student is responsible for the interest, which may be paid while in school or accrued and then added to the principle balance when the student enters repayment
Parent PLUS loans: Parents can obtain this loan to help pay the cost of education for their dependent children. This loan requires a credit check and in some cases an eligible cosigner. Repayment may begin after the final disbursement for the term. Deferment options are available.
Grad PLUS loans: Graduate students may obtain this loan to cover educational expenses not covered by their Direct loans. This loan requires a credit check and in some cases an eligible cosigner. Graduate students may be able to defer repayment of their PLUS loans until after the student is no longer enrolled in school at least halftime. Interest will continue to accrue. For Logan students you will need to reapply for this loan each award period.
Logan's low student loan default rate is 1.2 percent, considerably better than the national rate of 14.7 percent and the 13.1 percent average for Missouri schools. It reflects highly on our graduates’ ability and willingness to repay their financial obligations after chiropractic college.
Students not previously receiving Direct Loans before transferring to Logan will need to complete the Direct Loan Master Promissory note (MPN). This may be done through the website, www.studentloans.gov; Please select the Subsidized/Unsubsidized loan. To complete the MPN you will need your U.S. Department of Education PIN. This will act as your electronic signature. You will be asked to provide your driver's license number and two references.
Logan University is proud to offer a wide range of scholarship opportunities for students.
Logan University scholarships
External scholarship opportunities
Have You Served in the Military?
Logan University is a participant in the Post-9/11 GI Bill Program. Effective August 1, 2009, Logan was certified to provide Yellow Ribbon benefits. This assures 100 percent tuition coverage for those eligible.
Cost of Attendance
View the complete list of Tuition & Fees here
Canadian Financial Aid
The Office of Financial Aid assists students in securing as much financial assistance as possible to cover the cost of education while attending Logan. Please click here
to learn about the aid available to Canadian students at Logan University.
Code of Conduct
Please click here
to view the Financial Aid Office's Code of Conduct.
Satisfactory Academic Progress for Financial Aid
Please read about the Standard of Satisfactory Academic Progress in the Academic Catalog
Student Loan Forgiveness
Some loans are eligible for forgiveness. Please click here
to find out if your loans qualify.