The William D. Purser, DC Center on the campus of Logan University provides a unique venue space in the heart of Chesterfield. A Purser Center Event Planner will guide you through every step of the way to insure that no details get missed. Audiovisual and media components of events are just as important as great food and a spectacular environment. The Purser Center Technical Manger understands this and is able to produce your event entirely or work with the vendor of your choice.
Purser Center Business Package includes:
- Purser Center Lobby
- Auditorium Space Dependent Upon Event Needs - Walters Auditorium (900 or 1500 seats) or Mabee Hall (150 seats)
- Catering Room
- Queuing Room (Dressing or Green Room)
- VIP Lounge
- Surrounding Outdoor Areas
- Valet Circle
- Building Manager
- (1) Wireless Mic (Lobby)
- iPod Connector to House System (Lobby)
- House System Music
- (1) Podium
- (2) Lav Mic
- (8) Hours of Tech Manager
Half Day Presentation Audiovisual Package includes:
- (2) wireless microphones
- (1) Integrated Smart Podium with Computer, ELMO, Laptop Connection, DVD, VCR
- (1) 12k Lumen Projector
- Basic Stage Lighting Package includes 5 cues – Highlight the speaker, lower lights for PowerPoint, etc.
Rental of the Purser Center does not include:
- Food and Beverage
- Security Guard – A uniformed security guard is required for all events serving alcoholic beverages. The cost for five hours is $150.
- Liability Insurance – A liability and property damage insurance policy is required and typically costs approximately $150. These arrangements can be made through the Purser Center or independently.
Preferred Caterers Include:
The caterer will coordinate all of your rentals – tables, chairs, linens, silverware, glassware, china, etc. – and also coordinate timing, set up, menu and bar. You may utilize your own vendors for entertainment services, florists, decor, branding, etc., but all vendors must be approved by Purser Center management.
By showcasing our talent here at the Purser Center, we can allow you to showcase yours. To schedule a tour or to request additional information, please email PurserCenter@logan.edu or call 636-230-1881.