Dear Logan Students,
Due to the current COVID-19 Pandemic, Logan University has chosen to make the following temporary changes to our current academic policies:
- We are going to freeze the current end of trimester academic probationary status for this Spring 2020 trimester.
- This means whatever Academic status you are actively on, we will not review your academic progress for further Academic Probationary Status until the end of the Summer 2020 trimester.
- However, if you have moved to Good Academic Standing at the end of the Spring 2020 trimester, we will evaluate your progress and remove you from Academic Probation.
- PLEASE NOTE: This is only for Academic Standing and not for Financial Aid Student Academic Progress (SAP) Standing. You will need to contact the Financial Aid Office at the end of the Spring 2020 term after grades are finalized.
- Any questions, please contact the Registrar’s office at Registrar@logan.edu.
Withdrawal Deadline Spring, 2020 Courses
- We have extended the withdrawal deadline to withdraw from any Logan course for the Spring 2020 trimester. The withdrawal deadline has been extended to Friday, April 17.
- We also have extended the withdrawal deadline for the Summer 2020 trimester. The withdrawal deadline for full semester courses has been extended to August 14, 2020.
Pass /Fail Policy
- On a course by course basis, students will be given the option of choosing the usual letter grade scale or Pass/Fail grading for Spring 2020 courses.
- If the Pass/Fail option is chosen, end-of-course grades of 70 (“C”) or higher are awarded a “P” grade and course credit. A grade of “F” and no course credit is awarded for end-of-course grades below 70.
- Per standard practices, “P” grades are not calculated into trimester or cumulative GPAs.
- Final grades will be submitted by faculty as usual in Canvas by the due date of April 27, 2020.
- Students need to officially inform the Registrar’s office of their election of a Pass/Fail grade for any course by the deadline of May 1, 2020. There will be information on this process regarding the Pass/Fail Grade Option on the Registrar Office website, or by contacting Registrar@logan.edu.
- The deadline for satisfying Incomplete (I) grades has been extended for students who need more time to complete any course due to challenges associated with the COVID-19 outbreak. Please work with your faculty member regarding your circumstances.