April 15, 2019 update – A revised SafeSport Code is now in effect. Go to https://safesport.org/ and see the new code.
The U.S. Center for SafeSport is a national nonprofit organization providing education, resources and training to promote respect and prevent abuse in sport.
The Center is governed by a nine-member board of directors, which includes subject-matter experts in the areas of abuse prevention and investigation, ethics compliance and sport administration.
LAUNCH & PURPOSE
The U.S. Center for SafeSport, located in Denver, Colorado, opened in March 2017. Through its abuse prevention and response programming, the Center seeks to enable every athlete to thrive by fostering a national sport culture of respect and safety, on and off the playing field.
Specifically, the Center will provide education and prevention resources related to:
• Emotional misconduct
• Physical misconduct
• Sexual misconduct
EDUCATION & OUTREACH
The Center’s Education and Outreach Office will administer national prevention programming, raise issue awareness, and provide resources and training to promote respect and prevent abuse.
• The Center will provide education materials, including talking points, fact sheets, brochures and training materials, and will centralize best practices.
• The Center will offer sport organizations easy access to educational opportunities for their coaches, staff, volunteers, parents and athletes
RESPONSE & RESOLUTION
The Center’s Response and Resolution Office will investigate and resolve alleged policy violations of the SafeSport Code for the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Movement’s 47 member National Governing Bodies and High Performance Management Organizations, including Logan University.
• The SafeSport Code identifies prohibited conduct and serves as the benchmark by which the Center determines whether or not a policy violation has occurred.
• Aggregate data from Center investigations will be used to identify trends and patterns across sport, strengthening national prevention efforts.
JURISDICTION & AUTHORITY
The Center has jurisdiction over Designated Persons.
These are persons:
• Within the governance or disciplinary jurisdiction of Logan University as a High Performance Managerment Organization for USA Para Powerlifting
• Logan University or the USOPC authorizes, approves or appoints to a position of authority over athletes or who will have frequent contact with athletes
• Identified by Logan University as being within the Center’s jurisdiction
The Center will have the exclusive authority to investigate and resolve alleged SafeSport Code violations involving sexual misconduct as it pertains to USA Para Powerlifting. Logan University will retain the authority to investigate and resolve alleged SafeSport Code violations that are non-sexual in nature. Although, at Logan University’s request, the Center may exercise the discretionary authority to take on cases of this nature.
Learn more at USCenterforSafeSport.org
Report a SafeSport Concern – or call 720-524-5640.