Students, Faculty and Staff:
First and foremost, I have been overwhelmed by the support you all have provided over the past few months. Through these difficult times and unprecedented challenges, you have demonstrated courage, leadership and solidarity in such a way that makes me proud of those who call Logan their home.
We have been working extremely hard on developing a multi-phase, return-to-campus plan that keeps your health and safety a top priority. St. Louis County’s recent announcement to reopen has allowed Logan to move forward with this plan in accordance with federal, state and county guidelines.
As always, we are monitoring the situation on a daily basis and will keep you informed of any changes in County or CDC policy/recommendations that may impact the plan.
- Montgomery and Mid-Rivers Health Centers have remained open on a limit basis and will progressively ramp up. Additional clinic shifts for students will be added as patient volume resumes and telehealth services which began during COVID-19 will continue.
- Logan will resume practical/lab courses on July 6, 2020 for all Trimester 1 – 8 Doctor of Chiropractic students as well as the faculty and staff who support those practical/lab courses.
- For those students who are uncomfortable or unable to attend clinical experiences and practical/lab courses, Logan will continue to provide virtual experiences.
- Face-to face lecture courses will resume September 10, 2020, the start of the fall trimester. At that time, we intend to have all remaining faculty and staff return to campus.
- That said, new procedures, safety precautions and social distancing practices will be in place to safeguard you, our patients and faculty/staff health and well-being. This will include screening procedures, sanitation and physical barriers procedures, smaller course section sizes and staggered class start times, among other recommendations from the CDC.
More information regarding schedules as well as the implementation of the above public health measures will be forthcoming from the Registrar’s Office, Human Resources and Academic Affairs as well as other appropriate divisions.
All students are encouraged to join the Dean of Students and College of Chiropractic Dean for regular video chats regarding additional information on the return-to-campus plan. Past video chats have been recorded and are available on Logan Connect. Any questions or concerns may be directed to Associate Provost and Dean of the College of Chiropractic Dr. Joseph Pfeifer, Joseph.Pfeifer@logan.edu.
We appreciate your patience, understanding and cooperation as we continue to work through this plan. I look forward to being back together.
Clay McDonald, DC, JD, MBA
President, Logan University