Have You Served in the Military?
Several aid programs are available to Logan University students who have served with the armed forces.
Accessing VA Benefits at Logan University
Before using VA benefits at Logan, all veterans and dependents must provide documentation of eligibility. For veterans, this documentation includes your DD-214 and a certificate of eligibility. For dependents, a certificate of eligibility and the Department of Defense authorization for transferred benefits is required.
If you have submitted an application for benefits to the VA but have not yet received a certificate of eligibility, then please provide a copy of your full application to the certifying official. Student veterans can manage their benefits, and check the status of the benefit claims at https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/manage
Student veterans must complete a veteran benefit registration form for each trimester you wish to receive benefits. This will initially be sent to you by the certifying official after proof of eligibility has been submitted. It will subsequently be sent via email to all returning veterans and dependents when registration opens for the next trimester.
If you are a new student veteran, or an eligible dependent who has never used VA education benefits and would like to apply, complete and submit an application online at https://www.vets.gov/education/apply/
Any student veteran who previously received VA education benefits (other than vocational rehabilitation) at another school must complete a change of program or place of training form.
Yellow Ribbon Program
Logan University proudly participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program. Awards are made to qualified applicants for all degree programs offered at Logan University. Logan University will fund 50% of the remaining unmet tuition and fees charges.
However, it is important to note that the amount each student receives will vary according to the cost of their degree program, and any tuition-specific scholarships or grants that they may have been awarded. It cannot exceed the maximum contracted amount of $10,000. The Yellow Ribbon Program award cannot be combined with other Logan awards to result in a tuition surplus.
• Be admitted as a degree-seeking student with net tuition and fee charges above the Veteran Affairs’ annual maximum rate as posted at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/yellow_ribbon.asp
• Be eligible for CH. 33 Post-9/11 G.I. Bill education benefits at the 100% level.
• Maintain good academic standing at Logan University.
• Provide proof of eligibility to Logan’s certifying official.
Student veterans that have been selected for the Yellow Ribbon Award will receive funding each year theyremain in their current program of study as long as the University continues to renew its agreement with the VA. Logan has the right to reduce awards or discontinue the Yellow Ribbon Program at the end of each academic year.
Yellow Ribbon contributions will not be adjusted after the last day to drop classes without a W assigned, typically the end of the second week of classes. Any costs accrued due to adding or dropping classes after that date each trimester will be the student veteran's responsibility.
: Logan University may be required to show proof of academic progress to the VA upon request, and does not require prior approval from the student veteran to maintain compliance with VA regulations.
Student Veteran Responsibilities
The certifying official will collaborate with the VA to closely monitor your enrollment status and academic program.
Student veterans have the following responsibilities:
• Notify the certifying official every time you want to be certified by completing the veteran benefits registration form.
• Register only for courses required by your selected degree.
• Do not register for courses you have already successfully completed with a passing grade, or credit, even if it was taken at another university.
• Maintain satisfactory progress toward your degree.
• Notify the certifying official if you change programs, add or drop a class, withdraw from classes, change address or deplete your VA educational benefits.