Please welcome Ashley Nickell and Amber FitzGibbons to Logan University! Ashley and Amber will be working as Financial Aid Advisors in the Financial Aid Department.
Ashley comes to Logan from Brown Mackie College in Fenton, MO where she served as a Student Financial Services Advisor. Prior to that she worked at the Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority.
Amber comes to Logan from Fontbonne University in St. Louis, MO where she served as a Financial Aid Counselor. Prior to that she worked at Webster University.
Welcome to Logan!
A Standard Process, Inc. $2,000 scholarship will be awarded for the Fall Trimester through a blind selection process. Students enrolled in Trimester 2 - 7 during the Summer of 2014 with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher are eligible to apply.
The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Logan University as one of the 2014 Great Colleges to Work For. A total of 92 institutions received this designation.
Completed application and criteria documents must be submitted to Laurel Miller
, Associate Director, Office of Financial Aid, by August 22, 2014 at 3:00 p.m
Logan was recognized for excelling in the category of Facilities, Workspace and Security.
Logan's Student Doctors' Council is hosting a fundraiser on behalf of Jake Collier, a 7-year-old boy diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL). He's the son of Logan staff member, Erica Collier, who has been the administrative assistant for the radiology department at Logan for many, many years.
Jake has already been receiving frequent and aggressive treatments and is currently in remission. He will be needing monthly treatments for a minimum of three years and his family can use your help with the high costs for this treatment.
Jake's Condition and Treatment Plan:
• Diagnosed with leukemia on October 28, 2013
• He has Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) – B-cell
• He was admitted to the hospital on Thursday, October 31, 2013 and started treatment on Friday, November 1, 2013
• He is currently in remission but still needs three more years of treatments.
• If all goes well and the leukemia does not return; he should be done with treatments by August 2017
How Can You Help?
*Donations will be accepted through October 3, 2014*
1. Place your cash or check in an envelope labeled "SDC" with your name on it. Checks made payable to "SDC" with "ALL Fundraiser" on the memo line. Drop the envelope off to the SDC Office or the Student Services Office.
2. Place loose change or bills into the donation canisters which will be located in Logan's classrooms.
We will be presenting Erica with a check for the total amount raised on October 7th at the GA meeting, as well as giving her the list of those who helped raise money.
Thank you for your help in relieving Jake and his family of the stresses that come with his treatment!