Oct 16 – Oct 17, 2021
1:00pm – 7:00pm
Risk Management in Spine and Extremity Care
Instructor: Jeffrey Miller, DC, FIANM, MBA
12 Hours Sponsored by NCMIC*
- October 16: Saturday 1:00pm – 7:00pm
- October 17: Sunday 8:00am – 2:00pm
Early Bird Tuition: $210
Regular Registration: $240
- Tuition must be received at least 15 days prior to qualify for Early Bird Tuition.
- Student discounts may apply on some programs. Students wishing to register please call 1-800-842-3234 or email us at email@example.com
Logan University’s Department of Postgraduate Education is proud to present “Risk Management in Spine and Extremity Care: Indications, contraindications, clinical flags and malpractice prevention” with Dr. Jeff Miller. This seminar will address risk management, recordkeeping, documentation, and ethics. Registrants will learn HIPAA guidelines for emergency management; identify hazards and mitigation risks for the COVID-19 virus in the chiropractic office; develop an emergency plan for patient access to chiropractic care; recognize elements of the risk assessment that must be documented; learn Federal guidelines for practice recovery; and establish risk management documentation requirements post-Coronavirus.
Dr. Miller is an Assistant Professor at the University of Missouri School of Medicine. He practices as a Chiropractic Physician in the Departments of Orthopaedic Surgery and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at The Missouri Orthopaedic Institute. Dr. Milller has published more than 250 articles, 9 books and serves as a columnist for Dynamic Chiropractic and The Columbia Daily Tribune. A sought-after speaker in the U.S. and abroad, Dr. Miller has also presented more than 300 postgraduate programs in 38 states and several countries.
Dr. Miller is certified or has been certified as the following:
- Diplomate of the International Academy of Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine (DIANM) (us)
- Fellow of the International Academy of Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine (FIANM) (us)
- Chiropractic Acupuncturist (MTAA)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP)
- Medical Compliance Specialist-Physician (MCS-P)
*Full-time DCs get a yearly 5% Risk Management discount from NCMIC for three consecutive policy years for attending a qualified seminar. 8 hours of qualified instruction is required and must be obtained within one year. Seminars of less than 8 hours will require that the DCs contact NCMIC once they have accrued the full 8 hours. Seminar discounts earned up to 30 days after the policy renewal date will apply immediately; those earned 30+ days after the renewal date will apply at the next policy renewal date. Part-time DCs are eligible to receive half this discount.