Jun 26 – Jun 27, 2021
1:00pm – 7:00pm
- This event has passed.
Patient Management, Documentation, and Post-COVID
Instructor: Mario Fucinari DC, CPCO, CPPM, CIC
12 Hours Sponsored by NCMIC*
- June 26: Saturday 1:00pm – 7:00pm
- June 27: Sunday 8:00am – 2:00pm
Early Bird Tuition: $210
Regular Registration: $240
- Tuition must be received at least 15 days prior to qualify for Early Bird Tuition.
- Student discounts may apply on some programs. Students wishing to register please call 1-800-842-3234 or email us at email@example.com
While we continue to grapple with the COVID-19 pandemic, several changes have affected the chiropractic practice. There is one thing you can count on, the way we do things will never be the same. See what documentation, patient, and practice management protocols are essential in the post-coronavirus practice. Significant changes, including the 2021 evaluation and management guidelines, will impact the chiropractic office and the way you practice!
Dr. Mario Fucinari will introduce nuts and bolts methods to update your practice protocols, documentation, treatment, and case management. Dr. Fucinari will show you how to incorporate the latest developments into your practice without giving up your chiropractic roots. Perfect for doctors, staff, and billers. May be used for Certified Insurance Consultant review. Sponsored by NCMIC. Attendees will be eligible for the NCMIC 5% discount for policyholders.
Dr. Fucinari is a Palmer Davenport graduate. He is uniquely qualified as a seasoned practitioner in practice for over 34 years, a nationally recognized speaker, author, and instructor. Dr. Mario has decades of experience in compliance, coding, and documentation. He is a member of the Carrier Advisory Committee for Medicare, a Certified Professional Compliance Officer (CPCO), a Certified Physician Practice Manager (CPPM), and a Certified Insurance Consultant (CIC).
*Full-time DCs get a yearly 5% Risk Management discount from NCMIC for three consecutive policy years for attending a qualified seminar. 8 hours of qualified instruction is required and must be obtained within one year. Seminars of less than 8 hours will require that the DCs contact NCMIC once they have accrued the full 8 hours. Seminar discounts earned up to 30 days after the policy renewal date will apply immediately; those earned 30+ days after the renewal date will apply at the next policy renewal date. Part-time DCs are eligible to receive half this discount.
- Understand the key government regulations and industry trends
- Determine Function’s role in insurance policies
- Establish procedures for consultation and examination essentials in the treatment plan after COVID-19 exposure to uncover functional loss
- Be able to define “Medical Necessity in various carriers
- Integrate outcome assessment tools to develop treatment goals
- Learn documentation guidelines and requirements
- Identify legal aspects of proper documentation in the Standard of Care
- Explain procedures for proper claim form submission
- Learn documentation requirements for therapeutic modalities and procedures
- Give clinical examples to utilize the ABN form properly
- Properly utilize the 2021 E/M Guidelines in the Chiropractic practice