Oct 28 – Oct 29, 2023
10:00am – 2:30pm
Logan Basic Methods and Technique Certification: Session #1 (50-hrs)
Instructor: Patrick Montgomery, DC, MS, LCP, FASA, FICC
The Logan Basic Technique Certification program is a four weekend, 50-hour hands-on program. Doctors will learn the history, basic and advanced principles of the Logan System of body mechanics. Doctors will learn all adjusting procedures in Logan Basic Technique and will have the opportunity to master this technique. Special consideration will be discussed concerning pregnancy, pediatrics, and scoliosis. This program consists of four weekend sessions, 12 ½ hours each. A comprehensive exam will be given at the completion of the fourth weekend.
One must complete all four sessions to earn the certification.
Course Learning Objectives (CLO)
1. The student will gain a deeper understanding of the structural approach to analysis and chiropractic care for the human spine and body
2. The student will be able to evaluate and create care plans for patients with spinal distortions
3. The student will be able to understand how to incorporate corrective spinal care in his/her present practice.
- Session #1: October 28 -29, 2023
- Topic: History of LBM. Overview of Pertinent Anatomy. Biomechanics of normal pelvis, spine, and gait mechanics. Development of spinal distortions. Postural analysis and workshop. History taking tips.
- Session #2: December 9-10, 2023
- Topic: Review of Session #1. Spinal imaging considerations for Logan Basic Analysis. Introduction of scoliosis analysis, workshop. X-ray analysis for LBM and Scoliosis Management. Equipment related to LBM with details and workshop. Introduction in patient positioning and doctor positioning. First three procedures in Logan Basic Technique.
- Session #3: February 3-4, 2024
- Topic: Review of previous sessions. LBT adjusting procedures: theory, analysis, and practice of the core LBT procedures. Introduction of Logan Basic procedures for pregnancy. Gait Analysis and interpretation.
- Session #4: March 2-3, 2024
- Topic: Review of previous sessions. LBT procedures for special populations and conditions. Infants, children, emergency low back (disc herniations). Factors that contribute to the scoliosis syndrome. A full care plan for scoliosis patients will be discussed and workshopped. Practice management. Incorporating LBT into your existing practice. Certification Exam.
Upon successful completion of the 50-hour course and the passing of the certification exam, you will be awarded a certificate of proficiency in Logan Basic Methods and Logan Basic Techniques.
Your name and contact information will be added to a world-wide referral list of experts of this approach of chiropractic.
- Saturday: 11 am – 6 pm (1/2 hr lunch) 6.5
- Sunday: 8 am – 2:30 pm (1/2 hr lunch) 6
Registration: $250 (per session)
- Student discounts may apply on some programs. Students wishing to register please call 1-800-842-3234 or email us at email@example.com
Register online, call us at 1-800-842-3234, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructor: Patrick Montgomery, DC, MS, LCP, FASA, FICC
Dr. D. Patrick Montgomery is a January, 1976 graduate of Logan College of Chiropractic, where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Human Biology and the Doctor of Chiropractic degree. He completed Logan University’s Master of Science in Nutrition and Human Performance, graduating Summa Cum Laude and Valedictorian He completed the Master’s Course in the Conservative Treatment of Scoliosis, through the Italian Scientific Spine Institute of Milan, Italy. He is a full Professor of Chiropractic History, Philosophy and Technique at Logan University. He teaches and has taught Logan Basic Technique, Chiropractic History, Chiropractic Philosophy, Conservative Management of Scoliosis, Diversified Technique, Athletic Injuries, and Clinical Nutrition. At Logan University, Dr. Montgomery serves in the Chiropractic Science Division, Clinical Science Division, Undergraduate Division, and is a supervising clinician for the Montgomery Health Center of Logan, and special events. Dr. Montgomery served as President of the Logan Faculty Senate from 2006-2009 and from 2016-2019. He has been in private practice, either full time or part time since graduating. He joined the faculty at Palmer College of Chiropractic-West (PCCW) in 1981 and served as Chair of the Chiropractic Philosophy and Practice Department until 1984. He taught part time at PCCW until 1989. Among the courses he taught at PCCW were: Chiropractic History, Physical and Clinical Diagnosis, Case Management, Diversified Technique and served in the outpatient clinic, serving as a supervising clinician and reading all x-ray films. He has been a lecturer in the Post-Graduate Division of Palmer-West, Life Chiropractic-West and Logan University, lecturing on Logan Basic Technique, Chiropractic Pediatrics, and Chiropractic Philosophy. He has lectured for continuing education seminars nationally in Boundary Training, Logan Basic Technique, Chiropractic History, Chiropractic Spinal Pre-Natal Care, Pediatric Chiropractic, and Physical Diagnosis. He is an adjunct Professor at D’Youville University, teaching Chiropractic History.
PACE Approved States:
AK, KS, ME, MO, NV, ND, SD, TN
No Prior Approval States:
CO, CT, DC, DE, ID, IL, IA, IN, MA, MD, MS, MT, NE, NH, NJ, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VA, VT, WA, WY
Attendees are advised to check with their boards to ensure this is in accordance with state rules and regulations.
Please call 1-800-824-3234 if interested in obtaining approval from additional states not listed above.