Women's Health Symposium: October 30-31

Learn More


Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Upon completion of this program, will I be eligible to sit for the RD exam?

Yes, once you complete the program you will receive a verification statement that you are eligible to take the RD exam.

I am already in the Nutrition program, can I change to the RD program?

No, you will need to apply submit an application for the MS-AND and be evaluated with all of the other applicants. You will have to drop the MS-NHP program first, and re-apply. If you are not one of the top 15 applicants, you may re-enter the MS-NHP the next trimester to continue with your nutrition degree.

If I have already completed some of the courses in the MS-NHP program will these count towards the MS-AND?

It depends on when you took the courses. Some of the courses have been revised to include ACEND competencies so they may have to be repeated if you took them before the course revision.

Can I do my supervised practice hours closer to where I live?

Right now, we are only set up to have students complete their rotations in St. Louis.

How many hours will the supervised practice hours be per week?

You should plan on approximately 30-40 hours per week when you are completing the supervised practice hours.

I graduated with a BA, do I need a BS to apply?

You need a Bachelor’s degree to apply. Both degrees are acceptable as long as you have completed the required prerequisite courses listed in the Admissions tab.

If I don’t receive a C on an assignment will I be dropped from the program?

If you receive a C on an assignment associated with a competency, you will be assigned a remediation plan to allow you to demonstrate competence.

What type of settings will I be doing the supervised experiential learning (SEL) in?

SEL will be completed in clinical, community, health education, food service, and informatics.

If I don’t get into the program in the Fall can I apply again in the Spring?

Yes you can apply again the next trimester as we will be taking the top 15 applicants.

If I have completed graduate nutrition courses elsewhere, can these be transferred in for credit?

Transfer credit requests are sent to Admissions and will be reviewed by the program director for course similarity.

Do I need to take the GRE?

No, GREs are not required.

Are there any courses I need to take prior to beginning the program?

Yes, you need to complete 3 credit hours (semester) in each of the following categories: Anatomy and Physiology I, Anatomy and Physiology II, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, and Human Nutrition or equivalent.

When must I complete the prerequisite courses by?

The spring semester prior to a fall entrance, or the summer prior to a spring entrance.

Where can I take the prerequisite courses?

Any accredited college or university.

Is there a GPA requirement for my application?

Yes, a GPA of 3.0 or higher for your bachelor’s degree.

Is financial aid available for this program?

Yes. See the university webpage.