Students will earn an MS upon successful completion of the 42 semester credit hour program.
Receipt of degree is dependent upon successful completion of the requirements for graduation with a grade of B or better. Furthermore, students must earn a C or better on assignments within courses to demonstrate competency. Remediation will be required for those competencies not meeting criteria. Graduates are eligible to take the Commission on Dietetic Registration’s (CDR) Credentialing Examination for Dietitian Nutritionists.
To receive the Master of Science degree in Applied Nutrition & Dietetics and a Verification Statement in order to sit for the national dietitian registration exam, students must do the following.
- Successfully complete all required coursework with a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Successfully complete supervised experiential learning rotations, hours, and competencies (students must earn a C or better on assignments within courses to demonstrate competency).
- Successfully earn a B or better in all courses.
- Meet all financial responsibilities to the university.
- Complete all program requirements within five years.
- Apply for graduation.
- Complete the graduation checkout process.