Social Events & Weddings
The William D. Purser, DC Center on the campus of Logan University provides a unique venue space that features a contemporary 10,000 square foot lobby which can seat up to 400 guests and features glass walls and terrazzo marble flooring. The 112-acre campus also allows for enjoyment of the outdoors and gorgeous pictures around The Purser or by the fountain.
Rental of the Purser Center includes:
- The Purser Center Lobby for eight hours (two hours pre-event, five hours for the event and one hour post-event)
- Access to concessions and coat check
- Access to queuing room (dressing room)
- Access to loading dock
- Access to catering room
- Building Manager
- Janitorial Staff
- Wireless microphone
- iPod hook up and overhead music
Rental of The Purser Center does not include:
- Food and beverage
- Security Guard – A uniformed security guard is required for all events serving alcoholic beverages. The cost for five hours is $150.
- Liability insurance – A liability and property damage insurance policy is required and typically costs approximately $150. These arrangements can be made through The Purser Center or independently.
The caterer will coordinate all of your rentals – tables, chairs, linens, silverware, glassware, china, etc. – and also coordinate timing, set up, menu and bar. You may utilize your own vendors for DJ services, bands, cakes, florists, chair covers, etc., but all vendors must be approved by The Purser Center management.
We look forward to the opportunity to make your one-of-a-kind event a one-of-a-kind success. To schedule a tour or to request additional information, please email PurserCenter@logan.edu
or call 636-230-1881.