Counseling Services are available free of charge to students, faculty and staff, as well as spouses and dependents at Logan University.
Counseling services are offered to facilitate the development of an optimal level of personal and professional success and satisfaction. The counseling staff works from a mental health prospective wherein counseling is appropriate for anyone who desires to pursue her/his fullest potential. The counseling staff works with the student at the level of his/her needs, whether this requires help in dealing with serous problems, routine concerns or a growth experience which improves functions from good to better.
The counseling program at Logan is staffed with qualified professionals. The counselors are skilled at providing services relevant to a wide range of concerns including: social skills training, communication skills training, study skills training, assertiveness training, drug and alcohol dependence, arbitration of Logan related conflicts and professional case consultation for interns working in the Health Center.
How do you know if you need counseling?
- Difficulty concentrating/remembering
- Feeling worried or anxious
- Changes in sleeping; frequently tired or irritable
- Concern or withdrawal from family and friends
- Low motivation or energy
- Feeling that things in your life are "out of control"
- Changes in appetite; weight loss or gain
- Ineffective or self-defeating behaviors/self-damaging acts
- Feelings of guilt, self-blame, worthlessness
- Using alcohol/drugs to relieve stress
- Lack of enjoyment
- Personal concerns - Stress management, self-esteem, identity issues, sexuality, assertiveness, loss/grief
- Interpersonal issues - Communication skills, relationship issues, conflict management, family problems
- Psychological issues - Depression, anxiety, eating disorders, history of trauma
- Crisis intervention - Acute stress, trauma, suicidality, family violence
- Educational issues - Study skills, time management, difficulty concentrating
- Career and professional issues
Additional Counseling Resources
Not sure if you or someone you know needs help? Wanting to know about stress, depression or mental health? Check out these FREE ONLINE Resources: Ulifeline and Half of Us
H&H Health Associates
Logan also offers help through H&H Health Associates. H&H Health Associates, Inc. is located in St. Louis at 11132 South Towne Square, Suite 107. They can be reached at 314-845-8302 or 800-832-8302. Their email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointments are scheduled in advance. However, during school hours in an emergency, you can be seen almost immediately. If you are concerned about someone else who is in crisis, call our services and we will assist.
Counseling is Confidential
Counselors do not release information about you without your written permission, except in the case of imminent danger to yourself or others, suspected child abuse, court order, or where otherwise required by law. Counseling records are not part of the student's record.