Logan College of Chiropractic/University Programs to Offer Select Undergraduate Courses Online Beginning This Fall
July 23, 2012
Logan College of Chiropractic/University Programs has announced that in addition to on-campus undergraduate course offerings, it will offer select accelerated science courses online beginning in September 2012. These online options will be available in the Accelerated Science Program that allows undergraduate students to complete two terms of course work in one academic term. The Accelerated Science Program offerings include General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics, Human Biology II and Algebra. In the standard 15 week sessions, undergraduate courses in Statistics and Business Writing will also be offered.
Online programs offered in fall 2012 include:
- Human Biology II Lecture and Lab (7.5-week-course with a virtual lab beginning November 2012)
- College Algebra (7.5-week-course beginning September 2012)
- General Chemistry I and II Lecture and Lab (7.5-week-course with a virtual lab beginning September and November 2012, respectively)
- Organic Chemistry I and II Lecture and Lab (7.5-week-course with a lab kit sent to you beginning September and November 2012, respectively)
- Physics I and II Lecture and Lab (7.5-week-course with a lab kit sent to you beginning September and November 2012, respectively)
- Statistics (15-week-course beginning September 2012)
- Business Writing for a Social Media World (15-week-course beginning September 2012)
According to Dr. Elizabeth Goodman, Logan’s dean of university programs, online education in terms of student learner outcomes has been found to be as effective as, or more effective than results achieved in a traditional classroom. “Online education has proven itself a viable forum for delivering content beyond the classroom,” said Dr. Goodman. “Besides the convenience of being able to study from anywhere there is Internet access, online education at Logan promotes lifelong learning. Students in Logan’s University Programs literally have global access to their education.”
Logan College of Chiropractic/University Programs utilizes the Blackboard™ course management system to deliver all online and hybrid/online courses, as well as to supplement face-to-face courses, often referred to as ‘web-enhanced’ or ‘web-enabled’ courses. Blackboard provides Logan students with a high quality, secure online learning environment. Its ‘anytime, anywhere’ model of distance education also affords busy professionals the time and flexibility to continue their education around their vocational, family and other commitments.
“The ability to attract and serve a large, primarily adult and geographically remote student population is important to Logan’s growth and strategic initiatives,” Dr. Goodman noted. “With a robust infrastructure and Blackboard in place, we can support and broaden our academic sphere of influence.”
Logan also offers a Master of Science degree in Sports Science and Rehabilitation in a hybrid/online format; and a Master of Science degree in Nutrition and Human Performance totally online. Both Master of Science degrees are also offered on campus.
Steve Held, Logan’s director of admissions, added, “We’re excited to be able to expand our academic offerings and introduce more students to the chiropractic profession. Besides our undergraduate students, our doctoral and masters students will also benefit as Logan continues its innovation in online science education.”