Dr. Andrew T. Murray in 1950.
Dr. Andrew T. Murray graduated from Logan Basic College of Chiropractic in 1939.
Dr. Andrew T. Murray received his Doctor of Chiropractic from Logan Basic College of Chiropractic in 1939.
Dr. Andrew T. Murray and his classmates received their Doctor of Chiropractic in 1939 from Logan Basic College of Chiropractic.
Dr. Andrew T. Murray: The Last of the First
He was the last surviving member of Logan’s first graduating class in 1939. And this past June, at the age of 96, Andrew T. Murray, DC, passed away.
In 1935, Dr. Murray joined seven other students to enroll at the International Chiropractic Research Foundation in St. Louis, which later became Logan College of Chiropractic
During a Logan interview in 1985, Dr. Murray noted the passionate nature of Logan’s founder, Dr. Hugh B. Logan:
“Dr. Logan was dynamic. Full of energy—and we were all caught up in the enthusiasm. There was never any doubt in our minds but that Logan would succeed. Not even the possibility of failure would ever have entered our minds—for once the concept had become a reality, we saw only that it would go forward....”*
After graduation, Dr. Murray moved to Toronto, Canada. He returned to the U.S. at the start of World War II, serving in the military for four years before marrying Fern Logan, Dr. Hugh Logan’s widow.
He adopted Mrs. Logan’s twin boys, Hugh and Bruce, and continued to live and practice in St. Louis, serving on the Logan Alumni Board of Directors from 1950-51.
Dr. Murray retired from chiropractic in 1980. He most recently lived in Chapin, S.C., with his sister Alma Blow.
*Excerpt taken from historical notes provided by Patrick Montgomery, DC, FASA, Associate Professor, Logan University