Patient Imaging and Lab Referral Services
Norman Kettner, DC, DACBR, FICC, is the radiologist for the Logan Health Center Radiology Consultation Service. Dr. Kettner’s educational background, training and experience have established him as an acknowledged leader in the field of diagnostic imaging. Patients often present complex imaging problems that require an expert opinion in order to better manage their case. When it is in your patient’s best interest to obtain support by a leader in chiropractic radiology consider the Logan Health Center Radiology Consultation Service.
- Cases received by mail or patients referred to a Logan clinic are immediately interpreted and the doctor is called with a preliminary report. A written report will follow.
- Clinical case consultation is also available by phone.
- Dr. Kettner reads plain film X-rays and advanced imaging including CT, MR and bone scans.
- Dr. Kettner will advise referring physicians regarding the most appropriate imaging studies or other examinations for a given case.
- Trained, qualified technologists perform all examinations under Dr. Kettner’s supervision.
- State of the art, high-frequency, low dose digital radiographic equipment is used to ensure minimal radiation and patient’s safety.
- Ideal for large patients, difficult views and personal injury cases.
- Convenient access throughout the St. Louis metropolitan area. (over for sites)
- DXA scanning for osteoporosis
Diagnostic Ultrasound Examination
- Trained, qualified, diagnostic imaging fellows/residents perform all examinations under Dr. Kettner’s supervision.
- Indications for Musculoskeletal Ultrasound of Extremities
- grading tears of muscle, tendon, ligament
- detecting “occult” fractures
- identifying peripheral neuropathy (carpal/tarsal/cubital) tunnel
- joint effusion/synovitis
- cysts and ganglia
- osteoarthritis/rheumatoid arthritis
- sports injuries
- Routine lab services are performed at the Montgomery Center.
- Results are faxed and/or mailed to the referring doctor.
The Department of Radiology will bill most third party payers:
- Major Medical, Personal Injury, Worker’s Compensation
Our office will file the insurance claims or will bill the patient direct with no cost to the referring physician.