Specific Performance & Duties
Upon successful completion of program requirements, residents are eligible to sit for the examination by the American Chiropractic Board of Radiology (DABCR).
A. The resident must abide by the rules and regulations set forth in the college policies. This includes:
- Spend a minimum of 48 hours per week on duty, which includes six days a week, and on call by the resident's supervisor.
- Perform required Health Center duties, including 24-hour assigned beeper duty.
- Conduct a research study following proper protocol acceptable to the resident's supervisor and the director of research.
- Perform the duties assigned by the program director.
B. The resident should spend an average of eight hours per week working directly with a staff diplomate and/or designated radiologist.
C. The duties in the Logan Health Center Radiology Department or other authorized sites assigned by the program director are as follows:
- Duties will correspond, as much as possible, to the phase of training in the residency program.
- Provision in. technology, teaching in technology, and the actual performance of x-ray technology should not exceed:
First Year - 20 hours
Second Year - 15 hours
Third Year - 10 hours
D. The assignment to certain classes by the program director for specific teaching purposes, assistance to the instructor, or specific laboratory, assignments relating to courses taught in the Radiology Department.
E. As scheduled, the resident will be present when film interpretation is done by the scheduled staff diplomate in radiology. Suitable quarters are supplied for film reading, in an area which facilitates and is out of the main stream of clinic traffic.
F. Other duties may include supervision of assistant to the technologist on duty in the clinic, inventory of supplies and consultation with clinicians, staff diplomate and/or the department chairman as necessary for appropriate patient care.
Reading assignments will correspond to the core curriculum, class syllabi and additions made from the listed books included in the required reading.