Announcement: Dr. George Goodman

It is with deep sadness we announce the passing of Dr. George Goodman, Logan’s sixth president. Dr. Goodman, a 1968 graduate, served as Logan’s longest-serving president. Spanning 45 years, Dr. Goodman’s career at Logan included teaching and developing the postgraduate department at Logan. After spending ten years as Vice President of Chiropractic Affairs, Dr. Goodman was ready to pursue one of the greatest roles of his professional life. On February 6, 1993, Dr. Goodman was inaugurated as president.
Within the first two years of Dr. Goodman’s presidency, Logan reached debt-free status and enrollment in his third year exceeded the 1,000 mark for the first time in Logan’s history. Evidence of Dr. Goodman’s leadership abounds on the Logan campus today with the William M. Harris DC Sports and Wellness Center, the renovated Learning Resources Center, William D. Purser DC Center, Standard Process Student Center and the Educational Wing. His contributions transformed the campus to the modern and premier campus of today.
Dr. Clay McDonald, Logan University’s current president said, “The loss of Dr. Goodman and his dedication to the chiropractic profession and Logan is a huge loss. We pass along our thoughts and prayers to Dr. Goodman’s family.”
Visitation and Funeral Arrangements

Visitation will be held at Stygar Mid Rivers Funeral Home on Friday, September 12th between 3:00pm and 8:00pm.
Address: 5987 Mid Rivers Mall Drive, St. Charles, MO 63304.

Funeral Services will be held at St. John's Lutheran Church on Saturday, September 13th. Visitation will be held beginning at 9:00am and the service beginning at 10:00am. Burial will immediately follow in the church cemetery located on the premises.
Address: 15800 Manchester Road, Ellisville, MO 63011.

In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to St. John Lutheran Church, 15800 Manchester Rd., Ellisville, MO 63011, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital or BJC Hospice. 

Comments (50) -

• Lynda Harris

9/9/2014 9:24:22 PM |

My sincerest thoughts and prayers are with Dr. Liz, Savannah, Jason & Jessica & the rest of Dr. Goodman's family.  Please know that you're all in our hearts.

• Bobby Mozafari

9/9/2014 10:25:50 PM |

This is, indeed, very sad news. He cared very much about the profession and the school, but most importantly, about the students. He was there for me when I needed him and I'll never forget that. I am a doctor today because of him and Dr. Liz Goodman.

My deepest sympathies are with the Goodman family.

Thanks, Dr. Goodman. You'll be missed, but not forgotten.

• Tiffany Robinson

9/9/2014 10:29:27 PM |

I pray for the family as they endure their loss. Dr. Goodman was an awesome speaker and very engaging with the students and faculty at Logan.  To the Goodman family, please know that he will be remembered and missed.

• Dr. Michael Reed

9/9/2014 11:20:51 PM |

Dr. Goodman was a great man and will be greatly missed. My sympathies for the Goodman family. Dr. Goodman did not only do great things for Logan but has done even greater for the Chiropractic profession.

Thank you for everything.

• Michael Staub

9/10/2014 12:20:21 AM |

I have nothing but good memories of Dr. Goodman; he was a great man, and will be sorely missed.  

• Dr Bridgit Gilmore

9/10/2014 9:19:42 AM |

What a shock. The passing of Dr. Goodman is a sad loss to the chiropractic profession and even greater to his family and others close to him. When I was a student (94-97) Dr Goodman was always available for a chat or a moan and was a great advocate to his students. He will be deeply missed and remembered with great affection.

• Dr. Marcel Popa

9/10/2014 9:31:17 AM |

I can't believe it!  We are reminded once more how short our life really is and how we are just passing through.  Let's make it count!
    May God bring comfort and peace to the family!!  You will be missed by the Logan family.
    Thank you for everything!  Rest in peace!

• Bryan Deloney

9/10/2014 9:45:09 AM |

Dr. Goodman will be missed.  He was a great man.  My prayers go out to Liz and Jason.  God bless, and rest in peace.

• Dr Ken Gilbertson

9/10/2014 10:02:57 AM |

I loved George as a person and his dedication to chiropractic. I never forgot his lecture on chiropracTIC and ChiropracTORS in my freshman class in 1969. He was a blessing to Logan and our profession. I will miss him.

• Dr. Daniel Dail

9/10/2014 10:10:16 AM |

Sorry to hear this news. Dr. Goodman and his wife were very encouraging to me while I was at Logan. I really appreciated him taking the time to come talk with me on his way home in the evening, while I was studying in the cafeteria. He always had an uplifting word for me.I remember my first thanksgiving at Logan, he invited students that could not go home, to his home for thanksgiving dinner.
    My prayers go out to his family.

• Rob Elder, D.C.

9/10/2014 10:13:33 AM |

Very sad. My condolences to the Goodman family. I enjoyed chatting with him and he was always very pleasant.

• Dr. Joe Sweere

9/10/2014 10:22:45 AM |

I join with others in expressing heartfelt sadness in the loss of one of chiropractic's most revered leaders.  We are all a step farther along our challenging path as the result of Dr. Goodman's long list of devoted achievements and great and enduring caring for our beloved profession.

Thank you for so generously sharing your exemplary life George!

• Dr. Glenn Bub

9/10/2014 10:38:17 AM |

Although over the years we had our differences, I have always had a great deal of respect for him and what he did for the Institution and profession. My heartfelt condolences go out to his children and their families for their loss.

• Ron Coleman

9/10/2014 10:53:35 AM |

Very sad to hear of the passing of Dr. Goodman :-(  As a former Superintendent of Parks, Recreation and Arts for the City of Chesterfield (95-98) I was fortunate to work with George in the early development of the Chesterfield Arts Commission. George had a vision about how the arts could help shape the character of a community and he hosted a number of important meetings of the Commission on the Logan Campus. A beautiful facility which will remain as a lasting tribute to his vision.

My son Bart Coleman is also a graduate of Logan University. Our thoughts are with George and his family today !

• Dr. Megan Lindsey

9/10/2014 11:22:06 AM |

This saddens me greatly to hear of Dr. Goodman's passing. He was a very dedicated chiropractor and worked hard to bring Logan College of Chiropractic to where it is today. My thoughts and prayers to Dr. Liz, Dr. Jason Goodman and the rest of the family.

• Dr. Stephen Zins

9/10/2014 11:46:07 AM |

I always had the utmost respect for Dr. Goodman.  He was president when I attended Logan and had many conversations over the years that I was there.  He always had a smile on his face and was a great president for Logan.

• Dr. Robert Rice

9/10/2014 11:50:55 AM |

This is very unhappy news.  Under his leadership, the college grew leaps and bounds. God bless him and his family. May God provide comfort to the loved ones whose hearts are saddened with his passing.

• Dr Steven Clarke

9/10/2014 12:35:18 PM |

In 2011, when I received Alumnus of the Year at Logan, George Goodman could not do enough to make sure everything was just right, gave us a private tour of the school and just could not be prouder of what Logan has accomplished through the years.
    He was always a gentleman, available to take a call or assist in some way and will be missed by those who crossed paths with him.

• Javier Oramas 1973

9/10/2014 12:39:28 PM |

A Great person and teacher.

• James and Cynthia Winterstein

9/10/2014 12:40:47 PM |

Dear Liz and family members,
    Cynthia and I extend our sincere condolences to all of you. George and I were contemporaries and we were always cordial - something I especially appreciated about Dr. Goodman. He, and his colleagues at Logan accomplished so many good things and he will always be remembered for those accomplishments and for his commitment to his Alma Mater. God bless and keep all of you.
    Most sincerely,
    Jim and Cynthia

• Richard Davis

9/10/2014 1:19:15 PM |

We have lost a dear friend and a strong leader of Logan College and the chiropractic profession.

Heartfelt sympathy to his children, to Liz, and all who were touched by him.

• Horace and Sue Elliott

9/10/2014 2:06:08 PM |

So sorry to hear of Dr Goodman's passing. What a loss to Liz and  his family and to the profession and Logan University. Our deepest sympathy to all who knew Dr. Goodman. As EVP  of the National Board, I had the pleasure of working with Dr. Goodman and admired his leadership and  valued our relationship. He was very successful in his role as President of Logan and leaves a great legacy. God  bless Dr. Goodman.
    Horace and Sue Elliott

• Howard Levinson, DC

9/10/2014 2:20:52 PM |

It is because of Dr. Goodman that I was first introduced to Chiropractic care. My wife and I were patients  at his Baden office. He urged and persuaded me to attend Logan. I later inherited Dr. Goodman's office manager, Yvonne Fischer, who, to this day is still working at my old chiropractic office. George instilled that kind of loyalty and dedication to this profession to  those around  him. Dr. Goodman's legacy will survive in his good work. He will be missed.  

• Mike Murphy

9/10/2014 2:56:57 PM |

Thank you for all your life lessons, I enjoyed my time on the golf course with you. Logan family thanks you.

• Dr Joseph T. Lane

9/10/2014 3:12:26 PM |

At a time like this I find this quote comforting, I hope it does the same for Dr. Goodman's family and our extended families of Chiropractors'. "In reality; we never lose the people we love. The become immortal through us. They continue to live in our hearts and minds. They participate in our every act, idea, and decision. No one will ever replace them and in spite of the pain, we are richer for all the years (shared with) invested in them." Leo Buscalgia  
    Dr. Joe Lane

• Gene Lewis

9/10/2014 3:21:15 PM |

George was a mentor when I was a student and later a lifelong friend.  He had a such apositive impact on the college and on the profession.  We'll all miss him.  

• frederick batzold

9/10/2014 5:44:24 PM |

Today I was checking my email and was shocked by the passing of Dr. Goodman. He was on of the pillars of the profession that you never thought about not being there. He has earned his place in history as a true leader of Logan and our profession. God bless you George  , R.I.P.

• Dr. Frank Lanzisera

9/10/2014 6:01:02 PM |

Dr. Goodman was a lion of a man with a tender heart.  My condolences to the entire family. God bless.

• J. Daniel Post DC

9/10/2014 6:18:44 PM |

The Logan family, and chiropractic, are better due to Dr. Goodman's life long efforts.  He leadership and friendship will be missed.

• Mike Carstensen

9/10/2014 7:45:57 PM |

I consider Dr. Goodman a good friend and mentor and I am deeply saddened by his passing.  I extend my deepest condolences to his family, his friends, the Logan community and the chiropractic profession.  We have lost a great man.

• Dr. Chad Faulkner

9/10/2014 8:11:24 PM |

Dr. Goodman was a true ambassador to Logan College.  My condolences to his family during this difficult moment.

• Dr Vicky Lease

9/10/2014 8:14:00 PM |

Dr Goodman was a great man who I was lucky enough to have known. Thanks for all you did for chiropractic and Logan. My prayers and blessings go out to the family. May god bless you all.

• Dr. Darrin Jessop

9/10/2014 8:58:21 PM |

It is  indeed a loss  that the whole Logan family will feel.  I am saddened beyond words by the news of his passing.  I have so many fond memories of Dr. Goodman while I attended Logan.  He was so genuinely nice and so full encouragement.  I remember the second week of trimester 1, I ran into him in the hall, and he actually knew my name.  He called me by name every time I saw him.  He certainly made me a better Dr. and person by the mentoring he showed. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Goodman family.  

• Dr. Liana Goetz class of April 1997

9/10/2014 9:01:16 PM |

How sad to hear of the passing of Dr Goodman. He influenced and guided so many of us and changed our lives as well as our school and the chiropractic profession as a whole.  Under his guidance and direction,  I became a better person, a better doctor, and exceeded in areas of my life that I never thought were possible. I have made a difference because of you.
    Thank you, one last time Dr Goodman, for my degree that gave me a true purpose in life.  My sincere condolences to your family.  

• Dr Bruce citrin

9/10/2014 9:29:14 PM |

I remember dr george goodman as our instructor while I attended Logan graduating in 1976. He truly loved teaching and one of my better instructors. You have to love the 75th annerversity seminar and concert he arranged , the food, entertainment , the speakers, first time after years away from Logan as the absolute best college in the world for chiropractic and chiropractic day in chesterfield, mo..Dr George you will be missed a great leader and you made this all happen ..takes a true leader to achieve what Logan is today.all I can say if you want the best, you pay for the best. I pray your family will go on and your in my heart. Ty drs. Bruce & Joan citrin osage beach, mo

• Dr. Matthew Cornies

9/10/2014 10:33:47 PM |

God Bless the Goodman family! Dr. Goodman was a good man. It is with shock that I send my condolences. Liz and Jason, may you find peace!

• Merrell Hansen and Chris Papagianis

9/10/2014 11:03:01 PM |

We're saddened to learn that we have all lost Dr. Goodman.  About ten years ago, when he was pursuing an interest he had in bringing world class sculpture to the Logan campus;  we first met Dr. Goodman. He had reached out to a mutual friend, St. Louis' national Art Dealer, Joann Perse, investigating the purchase of Chadwicks to place around campus.  Soon thereafter we connected again when he was involved with Chesterfield Arts.  I'll always think of him as a "unique" - he had lots of guts, dared to build his dream and viewed the important parts of his life with a deep passion.  I think he will be missed by many individuals and by the cities of Chesterfield and St. Louis alike.  Logan will always be his land mark, an incredible institution serving the finest chiropractic students.  Our most sincere condolences to his family.  Dr. Goodman left a great legacy and we will miss him.

• Deanna Bates, D.C.

9/11/2014 10:01:06 AM |

I am deeply saddened at the news of Dr. Goodman's passing.  
    May his great contributions to the Logan community, St. Louis community and the chiropractic profession, such as his work with the Department of Defense demonstration project towards our inclusion, always be remembered and appreciated.
    My deepest sympathy and prayers for peace to all of his family.

• David Poe, D.C.

9/11/2014 10:34:24 AM |

To be certain, a very sad loss for the entire Logan family.  How fortunate we were to have enjoyed the prosperity which accompanied his leadership at the college.  May God bless the Goodman family with peace and comfort.  

• Dr. John Galbreath

9/11/2014 11:25:27 AM |

I am sad to learn of the passing of Dr. Goodman. My memories of his teaching and observing as he made his place in chiropractic history puts a smile upon my face. As a 1976 graduate of Logan I have seen such a remarkable, positive change in the campus and educational process that I am proud to say I am a graduate of Logan College. We all owe this to the vision of one man, Dr. George Goodman.
    More than anything Dr. Goodman became a friend and someone you were always happy to greet, see his smile, and humor. He will truly be missed by not only by myself, the entire Logan family, and most of all by the profession he loved and gave his energy too, Chiropractic.
    Dr. Elizabeth and the family of Dr. George Goodman I share your loss of a great man. May the knowledge of his memory give us all comfort. Rest in peace Dr. Goodman!

• Cynthia Baudendistel

9/11/2014 8:16:48 PM |

Dr. Goodman was an inspiring leader whose commitment to excellence touched so many lives.  His influence extended far beyond chiropractic and his friendship was a blessing that will be deeply missed.  Sincere condolences to Liz, Jason, and the rest of his family.  

• Dr. Mario and Ginny Fucinari

9/12/2014 1:56:42 AM |

We are very saddened to learn of Dr. Goodman's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with Dr. Liz, Savannah, Jason & Jessica & the rest of Dr. Goodman's family.  There are a few people who change the course of our lives. George was one of them. If ever I stepped into Dr. Goodman's office, he and Dr. Liz would always take time out of their busy day to talk with me and take a genuine interest. He gave me many opportunities to teach at the college and  contribute in various ways to the lives of the faculty and students. Dr. George will be greatly missed.

• Pat Blazevich

9/12/2014 9:49:29 AM |

My prayers & love are with Dr Liz & family  at this difficult time.  I had the pleasure of knowing Dr Goodman through the Chesterfield Chamber Commerce where he was honored for his contributions to the Chamber & Chesterfield Arts.  

• Chabha Hocine Tepe

9/12/2014 12:18:42 PM |

Dr. Goodman accomplished amazing things for Logan and for the community. His leadership was marked by some controversy but no Leadership is absolute perfection. But truth must be told, he saved the college. Logan would not be what it is today if it was not for everything he's done. I am personally very grateful to have met him. He and Dr. Liz have been so good to me, professionally and personally. I will always keep Dr. Goodman in my heart and prayers. Thank you Dr. G. for all you've done, may your soul rest in peace.  

9/12/2014 5:07:00 PM |

George was my colleague and FRIEND.  We were students at Logan in the 60's and was fortunate to have worked with him at Logan for the past 42 years.  His accomphlishments at  Logan will be in the history books and in our memories forever.  Few people can go through their lives and truly say that they did everyday what they were destined to do; George can and did.  We talked often about Logan and chiropractic and his sincere desire was "to leave it better than it was when I started".  Mission accomphlished!    Prayers to Liz, Jason and the entire family on their lost.  Roy

• Mike Bennett

9/13/2014 2:01:36 PM |

The profession lost a leader, visionary,and role model. Dr. Goodman will be missed!

• Dr. Linda Rodenbaugh

9/14/2014 9:16:10 PM |

Deepest sympathies to the Dr. George Goodman family.   His accomplishments will be remembered by many as well as his kindness.  Prayers  of comfort and healing to his family. Rest in peace, Dr. George Goodman.

• Dr Tracy Watson (1976)

9/16/2014 10:05:32 AM |

Curious he did not include Logan?

• Gregory A. Wociechowski

9/16/2014 9:32:27 PM |

Dr . George can into Dr. Monty office I was answering some anatomy question , when Dr. Casey  came in for a smoke. Minutes later Dr. lankau came in asking if this was aboard meeting?  Memories  of his smile.....we will miss.

• Allen Woodruff

9/19/2014 1:19:42 PM |

I represent a rehab company,  Synergy Therapeutic Systems. I noticed something very special about both Mr and Mrs Goodman.  When you attended conventions, you would always take the time to stop and say hello.  You will be by so many.  Good bless you and your family.  

Add comment