Logan's Student Doctors' Council is hosting a fundraiser on behalf of Jake Collier, a 7-year-old boy diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL). He's the son of Logan staff member, Erica Collier, who has been the administrative assistant for the radiology department at Logan for many, many years.
Jake has already been receiving frequent and aggressive treatments and is currently in remission. He will be needing monthly treatments for a minimum of three years and his family can use your help with the high costs for this treatment.
Jake's Condition and Treatment Plan:
• Diagnosed with leukemia on October 28, 2013
• He has Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) – B-cell
• He was admitted to the hospital on Thursday, October 31, 2013 and started treatment on Friday, November 1, 2013
• He is currently in remission but still needs three more years of treatments.
• If all goes well and the leukemia does not return; he should be done with treatments by August 2017
How Can You Help?
*Donations will be accepted through October 3, 2014*
1. Place your cash or check in an envelope labeled "SDC" with your name on it. Checks made payable to "SDC" with "ALL Fundraiser" on the memo line. Drop the envelope off to the SDC Office or the Student Services Office.
2. Place loose change or bills into the donation canisters which will be located in Logan's classrooms.
We will be presenting Erica with a check for the total amount raised on October 7th at the GA meeting, as well as giving her the list of those who helped raise money.
Thank you for your help in relieving Jake and his family of the stresses that come with his treatment!