The new Center for Viscero-Somatic Studies (CVSS), endowed by a generous donation by Dr. Howard F. Loomis, Jr. a 1967 alumnus, is located within the Montgomery Health Center on the Logan University campus and is now open to patients with musculoskeletal and visceral conditions.
The CVSS is designed to serve an expanded community of patients seeking conservative health care, without the use of drugs or surgery, while further complementing services provided through Logan’s Chiropractic Health Centers.
David Beavers, DC, MEd, MPH, Chair of the CVSS, said the Center will offer health risk screening, diagnosis and conservative treatment, using nutrition and nutritional enzymes to address biochemical and mechanical imbalances of the body, such as concurrent low back pain and digestive issues, or mid-back pain and chronic fatigue.
“It’s a holistic and comprehensive approach for patients experiencing health issues along with musculoskeletal problems,” he said “Combining chiropractic and nutrition, we’ll be using a system of analysis with functional nutrition and enzymatic nutrition to address internal health disorders.”
The CVSS is a specialized resource for patients as well as Logan chiropractic students and faculty for practice-based learning, research and collaboration with Logan’s other health centers. CVSS clinicians will make use of newer technology, such as the Heart Rate Variability testing, and work directly with Logan’s Radiology Department for diagnostic ultrasound and full-body composition diagnosis through the University’s DEXA machine.
Learn more about the Master's Programs
offered at Logan University and meet with the Deans, Program Directors, Admissions staff and Financial Aid staff at our College of Health Sciences Open House!
This informal event will be held between 5pm and 7pm on Wednesday, October 21st in Logan's Student Center and will feature heavy hors d'oeuvres.
We are very excited to kick off a new trimester and to celebrate two birthdays: chiropractic and Logan University!
On September 1st, Logan University officially celebrated 80 years! Here is the list of events and fun days to look forward to in September:
Wednesday, September 9:
• Students: In each classroom, please find a free calendar/writing pad. There are enough in each classroom for one per student. We hope you find these useful. Faculty and Staff: Please find your calendar/writing pad in your mailbox in the mailroom.
• Pick up your free Logan 80th Anniversary T-shirt in the lobby of the Administration Building from 11:30am-1:30pm.
Friday, September 18 (Happy Birthday Chiropractic!):
• Wear your Logan 80th T-shirt.
• Birthday cake will be served in the lobby of the Administration Building from 11:30am-1:30pm.
• Students: At 12:30pm a raffle drawing will take place for a Logan gift basket, including Cardinals tickets for September 21st. All student names will automatically be entered and the winner does not need to be present to win.
Friday, September 25:
• Wear your Logan 80th T-shirt.
• Come out to the center Fountain Quadrangle for Ted Drewes Frozen Custard from 11:30am-1:30pm. There will also be a variety of yard games set up during this time, so stick around and enjoy the afternoon.
All students, faculty and staff are invited to the White Coat Ceremony on Tuesday, September 8th at 5:00pm in the Walters Auditorium in the Purser Center. This ceremony is designed to welcome the incoming Fall 2015 Doctor of Chiropractic class by the Logan community. The new incoming students will be congratulated on their achievement of being selected as chiropractic students and are informed of their commitment as doctors and the obligation of caring for their patients.
A reception in the Purser Lobby will immediately follow the ceremony.