Hare in the Air Event Information - 2014

Hare in the Air Egg Hunt Information

Date: Saturday, March 29, 2014

Time: Registration at 10 a.m. - Bunny arrives at 11 a.m.

Location: Logan University Campus, 1851 Schoettler Road Chesterfield, MO 63017

Cost: Free and open to the public

Contact: HareInTheAir@logan.edu
Sponsors: Contact Toby.Hall@logan.edu

Event Information:

• The egg hunts are for children ages 2-8. 
  • Egg hunt areas are divided by age groups: 
    • 2 year olds 
    • 3 year olds 
    • 4-5 year olds 
    • 6-8 year olds 
    • Older children may attend the event and enjoy the other activities, but may not participate in egg hunts
  • Activities 
    • Petting zoo 
    • Costumed characters (DARE McGruff; Bunny; Super Chiro Man) 
    • Balloon Artists 
    • Fire Truck 
    • Temporary Tattoos
  • You will need to arrive prior to the Bunny arrival to register your child in the age appropriate hunt 
  • Bring a basket or bag for your child to collect eggs in 
  • No parents will be allowed in the hunt areas; there will be volunteers to assist children during the hunts
  • The Bunny will be available for photos 
  • The event is outside and will be held regardless of the weather, dress appropriately 

FAQ’s:

What are the age groups for the hunts?

• 2 year olds 
  • 3 year olds 
  • 4-5 year olds 
  • 6-8 year olds 
  • Older children may attend the event and enjoy the other activities, but may not participate in egg hunts.

My children are different ages, how can I watch both of them during the egg hunts?

• The hunts are done by age groups with ample time in between hunts to allow you to escort each of your children to their hunt 

My child is almost 2 years old, can he/she still participate in the 2-year-old hunt?

• Yes, however the child must be able to walk on their own; no parents will be allowed in the hunt areas 

My child is 9, can he/she still participate in the 6-8-year-old hunt?

• The hunts are for children ages 2-8. Your older child may enjoy all of the other activities during the events. 

Can I help my child in the egg hunt area?

• There will be volunteers available to assist the children during the hunt. Parents are not permitted in the hunt areas. 

What should my child wear for this event?

• The event is outside and will be held regardless of the weather, please dress your child accordingly 

Why do I have to register my child?

• Registration allows the child to be placed in an age appropriate egg hunt 

Can I bring my pet?

• Please no pets on campus for this event. 

Will food be available?

• Food is not provided for this event, but there are drinking fountains and vending machines available on campus. 

Assistance Needed for a Research Study

Dr. Alicia M. Yochum is recruiting 25 participants for her research study investigating the relationship of altered biomechanics (pronation) to bone marrow edema and pain in the joints of the lower extremity, the sacroiliac joints and the joints of the lower lumbar spine. 

Students will receive $100 for their time, extra credit in various classes and two educational DVDs at the completion of the study. A sign-up sheet is available in the Department of Radiology, and the first 12 females and 13 males to qualify will be included in the study. You must be between 20-30 years old, have a normal BMI and be willing to restrict running to 10 miles/week. This study will last a total of six weeks (four weeks in pronation and two weeks for follow up.  Please contact Dr. Yochum in the radiology department at 636-230-1834 or alicia.yochum@logan.edu.